DVS Degree(Arts and Science)College
DVS College of Arts and Science, a First Grade College was opened on the 1st of July 1966.Initially the college offered only one Science combination along with the traditional courses in Humanities.
English medium: H.S.P, H.E.P, H.E.E
Kannada medium: H.E.P, H.S.P, H.E.K, H.S.K
Certificate and Add-on Courses
The admission process for the first year degree begins after the announcement of the II year PUC results. The admission will be made under the guidelines and rules framed by the Kuvempu University and Reservation facilities as per the Government of Karnataka.
Prof. S. C.Gowrishankar, HOD,English
Dr.A.T Padme Gowda, HOD,Economics
Prof.T.R.Gopal, HOD,Political Science
Mr.Basavaraj C M, HOD,Computer Science
Rules and Regulations :
* At the time of admission ,the Student should pay the fees towards Admission, IA test, Sports, Library, Reading Room, Student Welfare, Teacher’s Welfare Fund, Medical Fund, ID Card, Laboratory and Tuition as prescribed by the university.
* SC, ST and Cat-I Students are eligible for fee concession as per government rules.
* The Students can avail concession in tuition fees by furnishing income certificates as per the limit prescribed by the government.
* Students are required to be in their respective class rooms 5 minutes before the commencement of classes.
* Attendance will be marked for each Hour allotted to a Subject. Students are required to put in not less than 75% Attendance in individual Subjects(see the Kuvempu University Rules).
* Attendance is compulsory on the College re-opening day.
* Students should compulsorily appear for the Tests and Term Examinations.
* Students are required to participate in the National Day/Festival Programmes organized by the College.
* All the students are required to participate in the activities and functions conducted by various Associations / Clubs of the College.
* Students are advised to make use of the library facilities whenever they do not have classes.
* Students are advised not to bring large amount of cash or other valuable items to the College. They have to take care of their belongings.
* No student shall leave the college premises during class hours without the Lecturer’s permission.
* If a student is absent due to sickness, Medical Certificate should be produced.
* If a student cannot appear for the Internal Examinations / Tests on health grounds (no other reasons are entertained) the matter should be reported by student or his/her Parent/Guardian to the Principal.
* Students are required to behave properly. The College reserves the right to dismiss any student if his/her behavior tarnishes the image of the College.
* Use of Cell phones by the students on the Campus is banned. Cell Phones, if found with the students will be confiscated.
* Students have to be polite when they deal with the members of the staff.
* Unnecessary Loitering on the corridors is not the tolerated.
* Irregularity in attendance, discourtesy to Staff Members, habitual inattention and late coming, neglect of work, obscenity in word or act will attract disciplinary actions such as fine,suspension and dismissal.
* Willful damage caused to the College property will be recovered from the students.
* The College will not be responsible for the conduct of the students outside its premises. However, it will take note of the offence and action will be initiated according to the nature and magnitude of the offence.
* Students should not raise funds, organize functions, convene meetings without the permission from the Principal.
* Use of tobacco, alcohol or any other intoxicants is banned in the premises.
Books, Magazines, Newspapers etc., not approved by the Principal are not allowed to be brought to the College.
* Those students who come to the College by Two Wheelers, should have a valid Driving License. To avoid noise pollution and disturbance, the Vehicles should be fitted with Silencers. Students should park their vehicles only in the place allotted. The College does not provide parking slot for Four Wheelers of the students.
* Educational tours / Industry visit / Field visits are to be organized with the prior permission of the Principal. For all such programmes written permission of the parents is required.
* Attendance at Classes and Examinations, progress, as well as the conduct will be taken into consideration while recommending students for concessions, scholarships, higher studies, jobs as well as for representing the College in extra curricular activities.
* After class hours no student is expected to remain on the Campus unless there is a program or sports / games practice.
ANTI – RAGGING COMMITTEE
* Ragging is banned in the Campus.
* There is a Committee consisting of senior faculty members, etc., to keep vigil over ragging and to prevent it.
* Students should note that ragging is a cognizable criminal offense and those indulge in it or encourage it will be handed over to the law as per Supreme Court of India order SLP(C) No. 24295 /2004.
* Any act of teasing, abusing, asking any student to do any act, which he/she would not do in the ordinary course which results in physical, physiological and psychological harm is defined as ragging. Ragging is strictly prohibited.
* Criminal proceedings will be initiated against those who indulge in ragging.
* National Merit Scholarship
* Physically Handicapped Scholarship
* Post Metric Scholarship for SC and ST Students
* Sir C V Raman Scholarship for Basic Science Students
* Sanchi Honnamma Scholarship for BA/B.Sc Girl Students
* Ex Service Men Scholarship for Children’s of Ex Service Men
* Optional English and Optional Kannada Merit Scholarship for BA Optional English and Optional Kannada Students
* Department of Minorities Post Metric Scholarship for Minority Students.
* Karnataka Science and Technology Academy Scholarship for First Year B.Sc. CBZ and PCM Merit Students for 10 Students of Kuvempu University.
Every year the meritorious students are honoured with the gift of cash and books. Several teachers of the college and Devendra Keerthi Bhattaraka Swamiji of Humcha an Alumni member, and several public have deposited money for the prize amount to be distributed among the meritorious students in different faculties. Encouragement for Meritorious Students (Endowments)
Gold Medal is given by DVS Management to first rank holders at the university level Encouragement is given in the form of 21 endowment prizes for eligible students with good academic performance . The awards are also given by teaching and non-teaching staff of the college.
The College library has 38,300 books fulfilling the curricular needs of the undergraduate students. Our college has an excellent Library with all modern facilities. It contains a well classified and extensive collection of books. All books in the library have been computerized.
Reading room of the college library should be used only for quiet study. Students are not permitted to speak to their friends in the reading room. A student shall be permitted to enter the library only on depositing his/ her identity card at the library counter. Library is open to students, members of the staff.Students can also have access to internet. Working Hours.
On all Working Days: 9-00 AM to 5-00 PM
Alumini Club :
Our college has an alumni association which was registered in the year 2004 comprising of President, Vice President, Secretary and Directors.
The main goal of the association is to bring the old students of the college into one roof to think over the betterment of the institution. The association’s main interest is to search for the old students who have achieved great success in their lives and seek their suggestions in improving the standard of the institution.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
* To honor and felicitate the old students who have achieved in other fields of life such as, music, drama and any other walks of life.
* To collect donations from old students and deposit the said amount for the benefits of poor students who are studying in the college.
* To organize once in a year a cultural program involving the members of the alumni associations and the students who are studying in the respective academic year.
* To involve even the parents of the alumni members to make them feel that our institution belongs to them too.
* To make the members of the alumni association involve themselves in all the activities of the college.
Office Staff :
1. G N Rajeev, F D A-Office Superintendent
2.D Maharudrappa, S D A
3.K G Bindiya, S D A
4.M G Nagesh, S D A
5.Lingaraju B T, Clerk
6.Veena A S,Clerk
7.Deepa S, Computer Operator
1.M Eshwarappa, Attender
2.V Anjaneya, Attender
3.H N Nagesh, Attender
4.D B Prakasha, Attender
5.D S Shivalingappa, Attender
6.H N Manja Naik, Attender
7.S R Prakash, Attender
8.Sampath Kumar Rao M, Attender
9.P S Bhat, Peon
10.P Narayana Rao, Peon
12.Srimanth Shivalingappa Bajantri, Peon
13.Krishnappa S, Peon
16.Manjulamma S, Peon